Thursday, May 31, 2001

Memo
To: George K.
From: Joe Pennant

Re: Your insinuation, lies and damned lies that Ive turned into a cat-kissing feline lover.

For the record, Im still a dog person..

As the late 'Biggie' Smalls put it on his song 'Warning'

Nah. They my friends.
Nah. Much love.
Nah. wouldnt disrespect.



Im just saying, I was under the misconception that cats didnt show real affection like dogs do, and cat love was more than border-line wacky.

I might have been wrong about that.

Granted, they only show it when they feel like it, and on their own damned terms.

And cats are sometimes plain nuts.. climbing the walls and curtains when bored, running madly through the house for no apparent reason, going spastic on catnip and splashing their water tray all over the place.

But tell me if you wouldnt feel da love when they're curled up on you purring, or like HappyCat would do.. come check up on me chirping when I had insomnia or would be curled up with me when Im sleeping.

Plus, their antics are fodder for people who are easily amused like myself.

Yeah, he would take a swipe at my head from atop the bathroom door when I came out, generally wreck the place if he smelled any trace of catnip or regard me as prey at the weirdest times, and his butt smelled when he would jump on you JUST after he did his biz in the litter box. Eww.

But, all pets act up and gotta be booted outside from time to time.

Nah, I wouldnt have a dog now, cuz dogs NEED their acerage, specially in New York, where it should be a crime to have a dog, and he doesnt have his little yard to call his own. Cats are just efficient pets.

And sometimes, theyre not half bad.

Even Tito, who loves his pet rotweillers, loves his mousers, his bodega el gato.

By the way, on the other thing - broiled is better than fried.

Two words: jerked chicken.

It aint just about the allspice.

Just so you know. :-)
--------------

No comments: