Wednesday, May 30, 2001

Sitting on my sister's porch fence out in Countryfied, NJ, I looked over in the corner.... and WHOA.. there was a blooming strawberry patch!

In fact, it had taken over the whole corner, with the distinctive yellow flowers and red buds.

Exactly what I was looking for... so I asked if I could get a cutting.

She was like, "Oh yeah, go ahead.. I was trying to kill them last year because they were taking over my grape vines. But theyve come back."

Kill those beautiful things????

Hey, she's a Virgo too. Along with the earth sign green thumb, she can be coldly logical as well.

She's not into eating strawberries and they do grow wild when theyve settled.

Heh. Soon EVERYBODY at the BBQ were getting me to dig up strawberry patches with strong roots. Except for LilBro, who is so much of a New Yorker, thinks its pointless to grow anything if you live in an apt.

Thats why he's so hyper. :-)

Eh, everybody else went home with strawberry and lily bulbs...

Hopefully, he'll understand why it feels good to garden....
-----------




No comments: