Thursday, May 31, 2001

Nancy: these are the times when you find out who your "friends" are....

True dat.

I personally hate to see money change things, but the prospect of money brings out the greed and sleaze factor in some people.

Nancy: buenos tardes senor
JPennant: como esta senorita
Nancy: are ya a millionare yet?
JPennant: well, a few hundred here , a few G's there...
Nancy: every penny counts!
JPennant: heheh
JPennant: well, now I know itsa good idea, because someone is already trying to swipe it.
Nancy: really?
JPennant: the fewl :-)
JPennant: yeah, he's done it before
JPennant: failed then, will fail now.
JPennant: he doesnt know the difference between a vague proposal, and the executive summary of a real business plan.
Nancy: and we both know there is a huge difference
JPennant: Its the guy I was trying to get to help with (snip)
JPennant: he tried to steal my lottery site and content ideas back when
JPennant: and I can already see his mind working on this one...
Nancy: and you let him in on this one????
JPennant:: "If I can do what he cant, shit I can make money on my own, screw him."
Nancy: =-O
JPennant: eh, doesnt matter anyway. my plans are 'booby trapped' if you dont understand exactly the reasons why things are being done.
JPennant: Thats why I dont tell everyone everything.
Nancy: that's fine... that's how you should be...
JPennant: but Im disappointed in the guy tho.
Nancy: why?
Nancy: these are the times when you find out who your "friends" are....
JPennant: he's not a BAD guy.. but when push comes to shove, the 'white guy' mentality shows
Nancy: white guy mentality?
JPennant: the best way I can put it...
JPennant: if the train was crowded, and an old lady needed a seat.. in the real world.. in NY..who would be the last to get up and offer a seat?
Nancy: white guys in suits.
Nancy: got it - "all about me" kinda person
JPennant: there you go.
Nancy: yuck...
JPennant: they tend not to give respect unless its something they fear, want or are in awe of.
Nancy: or it makes them look good
JPennant: basically
Nancy: i know a few people like that - they make my skin crawl....
Nancy: but remember - what goes around comes around...

Yeah, sure does.

Heh. I thought it would be sheer poverty that would weed out and seperate the idjits ... now its getting clear that money itself is sterner stuff to deal with.
----------

No comments: