Wednesday, April 07, 2004


I can do anything I want when I grow up

As a child
, one knows what they want to do when they grow up.

As an adult, that answer is never as clear.

Over the past few days, nay months, Ive spent massive amounts of time perusing photographic books, magazines and the like.

And still I wonder, what will I do when I grow up.

All this should be obvious, right?

The insistent demands of security and dependability oft suggest otherwise.

From the outside, the answers seem as clear as spotlights, but from here, the questions of if and how keep looming.

I want to travel the world chronicling stories with images. This I know.

So, why am I putzing with other choices?

I know what I want to do.

I dont wanna recognize it in hindsight.
------
I picked up a copy of the french photomagazine Photo for inspiration the other day.

Its a stunning magazine, more liberated than the stuff I see in American and British photomagazines.

One problem. I dont speak French.

Which isnt as much of a problem for a magazine as visual as this, and I can guess at some of the words and phrases, but I would like to know what Im looking at.

Hrm.

Another thing to pick up.


No comments: