Saturday, April 10, 2004


She hums, she hums

I have a friend
who lives in the Nash residential hotel on University Avenue in Berkeley..

Awhile back, he was telling me about the UC Berkeley junior who lives in the room next to him who was trying out to be on American Idol.

Today I bumped into my friend and the conversation turned to William Hung...

"He has cute asian chicks visiting him all the time now..."
"He has GROUPIES????"
"Yup. Looks like Cal students. All gorgeous."
"Wow.."

"We have DSL in our rooms, right.. but he always goes down to the lobby to use the internet connection."
"Why would he do that?"
*laughing* "He said 'If I use the one in the room, they'll charge me $1 a day."
"He can spare it, cant he?"
"He got that 25 grand from the recording contract, but he's a typical kid of chinese immigrants. They had to scrimp to send him to Berkeley, he's really careful with his money."
"Wasnt he gonna move from the Nash?"
"Nah, he's staying. He's a good kid, the little twerp. He's the same as he always was."
-

------
I was just telling LeGirl this story over tea ...

LG: What song did he sing again?
Me: I think its 'She Bangs' by Ricky Martin
LG: How does that go?
Me: I dunno. 'She Bangs, she bangs, she bangs..'
LG: HA! You singing that song reminds me of me. I blame my brother. He said I cant carry a tune, and ever since then I get self-conscious about singing..
Me: Not even in the shower? :-)
LG: Mmm.. Im a Hummer.
Me: *rolling out of my chair laffing*

No comments: