Monday, April 05, 2004

Printed on Ilford paper, done with care

Printed
48 images so far. Lotta ink.

There is nothing like holding an image in your hands, in bright, vibrant color on glossy paper.

Its amazing to see people hold it in their hands and gasp.

Gratifying, too.

It truly does me good to have someone come up to me and say "I LOVE your print. I want to buy it and give it to this girl."

(As a side point, he partially credited the beauty of the print in helping him to get him some. I swear, I couldnt make that up... *cracking up*)

As I was mailing prints to New York, the clerk looked at them and ordered 3 on the spot. Poster-sized. I told her how expensive it would be to do that.

She said she didnt care. She showed them to her co-workers. They ordered one apiece.

Wow.

Its been a long ride to this point, I feel like Ive crossed a threshold.. learning the ins and outs of outputting prints, instead of merely taking them.

Being the perfectionist that I am, this process isnt simply *click*, *print*.

Its been a journey of almost 3 years.

Part of the delay was that on my first attempt to print my images, they came out crappy. That actually traumatized me.
To the point that I swore I was gonna learn how to do this PROPERLY before Id invest one pfennig in a printer or paper.

So now, Im not totally satisfied.. I have a LOT to learn still.. but now, even I look at what comes out and go...

"ooooooh."

Its a very nice feeling. :)
-----------------
Cyn asked me earlier:
OF COURSE i'd love to have
a joey print!

that's why i said i wanted
to see your offerings online.

are you printing for order
or have you pre printed some
personal favorites??

lemme know. 8)


Right now, Id love to print for order, but for now.. I can only offer a few prints.

That will change as I ramp up.

Im setting up a site et al to do this.

It will change, and I will be able to print to order, but for now.. the selection will be limited to about 30 prints.

Of course, Ive sent out prints and gotten one complaint.

I didnt sign the prints. :-)

Man, my customers are demanding.

:-)
--------



No comments: