Friday, January 11, 2002

Being the anti-social bahstid that I am, I dont usually do lists.. but this one I like.
(From Friday Five via Em, who always has these really good *layered* answers.. :-)

1. What was your first job?

At 12, being a stock clerk in my godfather's shoe store in the Parade Square in downtown Kingston, Jamaica.

I miss that man. Mr. Abe Zaide.

Only when I became an adult, did his Syrian Jewish heritage mean anything.

2. How old were you when you had your first kiss?

Nine. With Althea Wilson, the younger of the Wilson twins, who was developing her man-eater persona back then.

Why do I remember it?

Because that kiss produced my first ever SERIOUS hard-on. Surprised and embarrased me, and Althea didnt know what to do with it. Heh. Neither did I. :-)

Not long after, the twins emigrated to Canada.

3. What was your first car? What happened to it?

MY first car was a hand-me down from Pops. A 79 Audi Fox.

Now that I think back, it was slow and unreliable, but sweet to drive.

That started me on my german car jag, owning several Opels, Volkswagens and a Beemer. ...

It got towed after Pop's estranged second wife poured sugar into the gas tank, not realizing it wasnt Pop's car anymore....

She apologized without admitting guilt. Idiot.

4. What was your first concert?

I honestly dont remember. Oh wait.. I do. It was a mega-concert at some arena in Kingston with a bunch of reggae all-stars (except for Bob Marley). Burning Spear headlined.

I was a snob. I didnt care for reggae growin' up.. so I hardly remember anything about it.

5. How do you plan to spend your weekend?

Since 94, with flexible shifts (two days on, two days off), the consultant, unemployed (voluntary and involuntary) and itinerant lifestyle.. traditional time blurs for me.

So the weekend doesnt have much significance for me - unless it involves other folks itinerary.

Sooo, nothing I wouldnt be doing *during* the week....

No comments: