Wednesday, January 09, 2002

Today's horrorscope:

Everyone else will be marching out of step today. You, of course, will be marching in perfect time. That's just another way of saying that you'll be on your own again; that your thoughts, especially, will be focused in a completely different direction from those of people around you.
And what's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing. The world needs mavericks like you.

Apparently.. :-)
--------
I noticed the ticket half-hidden, tucked away.

Gah. I had forgotten about it, so - figuring it was invalid, I took a look at the date.

It was for today.

I had an hour to be there, and I made it, half an hour late - with the studio already full.

Crap.

Lets see what a little begging and pleading will do...

Me: "I ordered the tickets almost a year ago!!!!"
Show staffer: "You're gonna havta wait a year and a day then.."

Grabbing the ticket from my hand, she pencilled me in for tomorrows taping of the Ricki Lake show.

Should be good.
-------
I fling out several zillion resumes last year, and I hear zilch.

Bupkis.

Now, Im getting calls, as Im preparing to blow this popsicle stand shortly.

NOW they wanna talk. NOW?????

Its a test. Im tellin' ya, this is a test.

Every time Im preparing to leave a place - *in the actual process of packing even* - this kinda nonsense happens..

Chicago, it was a job offer. Jacksonville, it was a girl. North Carolina, they wanted me to stay on with the firm. Badly.

And now?

Although in the previous cases, all it did was delay the motion.

The Chicago job wouldve kept me as a glorified clerk, the girl in Jax.. who initially looked like a smart, sweet thang - revealed herself as truly psycho (a term I dont use lightly), and the company in North Carolina went out of biz not long afterward as they couldnt handle the projects....

So, eh.

No comments: