Tuesday, January 08, 2002

Sitting in a Starbux this afternoon..

Guy walks in, see's another, starts insisting that they know each other.

Other dude looks at him puzzled at every prompt, desperately trying to place the face, until he's forced to query ..

"I dont owe you money, do I?"

Heheh. New York.
-------
I havent had my Starbux Venti Mocha in months.

I took my time this evening, sitting back in a wingback chair, sipping insteada gulping, reading the Post and New York Times from cover to cover.

I dont know what they put in their schtuff, but I felt good.

And in not having a taste for so long... it felt.. nourishing.

Yeah, thats the right word.

I felt nourished.

Not full. Or sated. Nourished.

And that felt... better.

Later on, LilBro asked if I wanted something to eat, if I were hungry.

Sure, I couldve grabbed a snack, but I declined. I didnt really need anything else.

Thanx.

Nourished. Instead of sated, full or satisfied of food/sex/love.

Nourished.

What a concept.
---------
For prolly the first time in about 10 years, Im growing a beard.

From the looks of it so far, its almost all grey. Even my mustache only has flecks of grey.

Although my family has premature-grey tendencies, mine is far advanced beyond most of my cousins.

From watching presidents visibly age from month to month, I think mine is advanced due to stress.

That seems to accelerate the gray.

So, Im kinda hating it.. the scraggle looking like a homeless affectation, even trimmed and edged.

But it takes about a month for a beard to fill in... so, I'll let it grow in, see if it acquires a little color.

But, at this stage, Im inclined not to wait. I might just sweep it off before then.

Grey beard. Damn.
----------------

No comments: