Wednesday, January 09, 2002

Judy T goes all "Itinerant in Vietnam".
And while she was there, wrote.....

People in Vietnam have a ritual of eating every single freeking meal of the day - dinner-sized. So on the days I wake up at say 10:30 am (late), I may have to eat my breakfast right away, and at 11:30, have a dinner-sized lunch. Talk about being stuffed. After lunch, they like to feed dessert. Dessert after lunch. Crazy. For the next few hours, we'll have episodes of snacks and such and at 6:00 pm, dinner - even more dinner-sized. I'm surprised I actually lost weight while I'm here.

So my question is... how can one be eating dinner-sized meals constantly.. AND LOSE WEIGHT???

What was she eating??

The country wants to know.

No, NEEDS to know.
----
Today, fellow virgo Dori wrote:
today i have a job interview at the one magazine i'd whore myself out for...

see, i pretty much hate everything as far as employment is allowed... i hate my marginal employment right now because it's so cold, i hate the idea of working in a beaurocratic office system, i hate the idea of doing something that plain don't mean a goddamn thing... still, there are things i just can't do anymore... if at least one remote part of my heart isn't behind it, i can't work there...

there comes a time in someone's life where wasting too much of your time on something pointless is too much to do... if i ever look back on my life, something more than 'lived in new york and worked a pointless job' has got to come out of it.

Hear, hear.
-----------------

No comments: