Sunday, June 23, 2002

Been humming, listening to
Cherelle & Alexander O'Neill - Saturday Love

All weekend.
Found it while looking for Cherelle's "Didnt Mean To Turn You On".

Brings back memories of the 80's. Of walking into the rising sun up Washington Street in Evanston, Illinois every morning, blinking the residual sleep out of my eyes, my Walkman Cassette blasting as I walked/ran to the Chicago Avenue El train station to transit downtown to take the CTA #203 bus to school.

Oddly, thats my most vivd recollections of my morning routine in a new country.

Saturday Love was in the top 10 charts for a very long time.. so the melody still sticks in my mind 18 years later
SundaymondaytuesdaywednesdaythursdayfridaySaturdaaayLuv, SundaymondaytuesdaywednesdaythursdayfridaySaturdaayLuv

Mine ears now cringe at the crashing 80's synth sounds that date the songs, but you cant take away the harmony....

No comments: