Friday, June 28, 2002

.. (this car) will make bad drivers feel good, good drivers feel like professionals, and make professionals think theyre God.
- Car and Driver review of the Porsche 928GT, mid 1980's


The reason why Im partial to german cars, is that no matter how how manhandle them - they will do what you ask, without complaint. And when you treat them right, they will do things very very well. And when you know what youre doing - they will inspire awe.
Then at that point, you get a glimpse of what they can *really* do.

And thats when the shit-eatin grin of Joy will slowly start to spread over your face.

Judy, last night, was telling me how she had just come in out of the stinging, cold rain of Vancouver. Made me wanna go out in the downpour I heard outside and go dancing around in my skivvies in the darkness and pelting rain.

When I looked outside, I saw the passing clouds and the moon was out, as it was raining.

Whoa. What a sight.

I went back in, grabbed the camera, set it to manual and jacked the ISO setting as high as I could. Maybe, just maybe - I thought - I could catch the moon in the rain.

Stella gave me a lot more than that.

(Keep in mind, this is almost utter darkness, with the only illumination at 1:30am being the moonlight and the city street lights reflecting off the clouds).













Yep. This is what I see at night.

Wow. I never thought Id be able to capture the night sea clouds over South Florida.

Stella is a thoroughbred.

I gotta step up my game.
-----------
Man. I am so looking forward to this trip. :-)



No comments: