Saturday, June 29, 2002

I stood in the all but abandoned Sanford, Fl railway station.. now more of a deserted stop on a schedule than a functioning station due to budget cuts.

With the peculiar quiet that comes with empty stations far from main roads I wandered around as I waited for a ride, essentially broke, definitely homeless - wondering what in the hell was I doing in Florida instead of California.

As I looked at the glow of the setting dusk sillouhetting a parked CSX freight engine, wishing I had a camera to capture that image, I already knew that I was supposed to be here. Hell, I even wrote it down months before.

But why?

As I get ready to move on, its still not all clear - but I feel somehow better equipped to move on west.

But the story doesnt seem to be over yet.

Now, I get the strong feeling that I am on my way somewhere for the purpose of setting up a home base.

Deep down, I already know why. Ive been expecting this for the last coupla years.

But..

It's still not easy to pack up and go on the move.

I like being Itinerant.

But I dislike being rootless.

No comments: