Wednesday, May 16, 2001

JPennant: Now, today I gotta go eat shit for what I wrote yesterday
McClint: that's the risk of being a writer

Normally, I try to be considered and careful in what I write and say.

While still being direct.

You risk stepping on a million mines when you write in a public forum.

You hope folk understand where youre coming from, but sometimes it blows up.

Thinking back, did I take ALL due care and precautions? No.

Did I know what I was doing? Yes.

I said what I said, I did what I did and I said I was sorry to those I hurt.


Was I wrong? Definitely.

Specially in holding up as examples people who normally have no ill-intent toward others.

Not in their makeup.

Now.. I take responsibility for what I wrote. And I tried to modify what I wrote. And I didnt want to hurt anyone make them angry, or lose friendships.

But. That feeling that came over me wasnt random, accidental and meaningless. What I said expressed it.

I am not dreaming, nor am I misunderstanding people.

I meant what I said.

When I say something, it might come out the wrong way... and it may on occasion piss off and wound people.

But I mean what I say.

Someone said I pissed off people and said unfair things about them and others before.

Called it rude and unfair.

It may have been, but unfortunately - ESPCIALLY in reference to the people and circumstances in question, EVERYTHING I said was validated.
So I was right.

Sometimes its no fun being right.

But you have to be true.


So, if I gotta eat shit and deal. Fine.

Ive learned over the years.. if you mean it, you only say youre sorry once.

After that, you owe no-one any apologies.
----------------

No comments: