Sunday, May 13, 2001

Hm?

Nothing much.

I was gonna do laundry this weekend... I mean, I am...

I was damned tired yesterday... tisha didnt try to wake me up, judging by my long bouts of silence. God bless her.

I got coffee. The ...what's the word.. novelty.. of buying my coffee from a decent bakery only a block away is wearing off.

Their shit isnt all that great, even tho the famous sicilian wariness to strangers is wearing off and Im getting a 'hello-ah honay' when I walk through their doors now.

Plus, they were out of half-and-half the last few days. Shit, thas prolly the primary reason I get coffee from there.

Think I'll buy my own creamer.

If I didnt make such shitty coffee, Id have my own coffee maker. (Trust me.. Jack Soo on Barney Miller made better swill on his worst days than I ever will..)

Got the sunday papers... havent read them yet. Thank god Ive shaken the urge to buy the Sunday Times. So expensive, and I rarely read 'em. Hurts to have to throw out that big bundle unread, still in its bag usually.

I did pick up a copy of TimeOut New York. Because it was "The Apartment Special". I bought it cuz of the "Supersize It! How to maximize your tiny kitchen" teaser. I wanted to pick up tips on how to maximize my tiny kitchen.

Thats been on my mind a lot lately.

*sigh* Shitty.. wait.. no.. it wasnt a shitty article.. it just didnt really help.
It wanted me to shop at Zabars, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Lechters...

Nah, well maybe Lechters. Id like to check out what they have, seems like they have interesting schtuff.

Sun wants a picture of this place....heh... she must be bored. :-)

I play the radio 24-7 as the TV's the guy left are shot. I leave it on Bloomberg.

This is why I know Perry Como died.. and why I couldnt remember the name of any other song today. They kept playing "Poppa loves Mambo" during the newscast announcing his death.

I STILL cant remember the name of that Onyx song that I play when I feel like headbanging....

Man, I must be alcoholic. I want a beer.

I just had some alcohol.. one.. two.. two days ago.

I'll have some leftover risotta and baked chicken I made last night...

Ok. Now Im typing in the dark.

JPennant: <--typing in the dark.... risotta and parmesan to the side
tisha: what?!
tisha: why in the dark?
JPennant: it got dark
tisha: oh okie

Too lazy to get up and switch on the light.

Ooof. This futon is killing my back.

I should move the mattress in here and move the futon to the living room.

Ugh. I dont have any queen sized sheets for the mattress yet.

And moving everything around sounds suspiciously like work.

On a SUNDAY this guy is practicing guitar in the club downstairs?

I wouldnt mind.. if he were good.

Oof.

I should stretch.

But that seems suspiciously like work.


Laundry isnt gonna get done tonight.
-----------------------

I was gonna go into a speech about how I dont care and try not to care so I can deal with how people are.

Thatsa crock o' shit.

I do care.

I try not to because I will get hurt if I stay connected.

I have to stay detached, rationalize logically so I can think the hurt away..

Ive become pretty good at it too.

That attribute does come in handy as an observer.

Maybe thats the flip-side of a god-given gift.

But, it feels like Ive given up on feeling like I can feel free to care.

Maybe soon.

-------------------

No comments: