Saturday, April 07, 2001

According to a report I saw in the Daily News, New York has 30 daily newspapers, out of a total of 198 community papers and magazines.

It may be the big cheese, but I rarely actually buy the New York Times.

As I said once, I dont wanna be identified with ....

Plus you can almost always find a copy sitting on a subway seat in the mornings.

Im more 'blue-collar' in my daily reading.

(As the celebrities read the National Enquirer, so do the beautiful people read the Post to see if theyre mentioned.. but will never admit to it..)

Myself, I grab the Post (cause it is cheap and a quick, lively read, akin to the ubiquitous 10oz New York cuppa coffee) in the morning, and the Daily News if I feel I have time to read it.

Of course, after scanning the entertainingly lurid, opinionated and libelous headlines - I usually head for the comfort food part of the paper (if I havent read it online already).. the horoscope and the comix.

Actually, the Post has a nonsensical, threadbare comic section, and their editorial cartoons are often.. um....usually..um.. always... rude and crude (ie: President Clinton is always depicted sans pants, showing love-patterned boxers - with a fat cigar somewhere)...

For the best comix, the Daily News provides four FULL pages of comix and puzzles, so thats where I linger...



Sports? I flip past the sports pages. I am not a Knicks, Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Giants, Jets, Nets *breathe* St John's or Seton Hall fan.

I'd rather devour news about Da Bears, Da Cubs, Da Sox, Da 'hawks, Da Bulls, Da WildCats, Da Blue Devils, Da Irish and Da Fightin' Illini.

Nuthing about dem in da sportspages in dis place.

So, therefore I am not as interested in sports here as I would be in Chi-town.
--------------------

Joey: "I LOVE this jam."
Chandler: "Ok..." holding his hands apart, cupped "....in this hand, I have jam... and in the other, I have the sexy girl at the copy center, naked.. which would you choose?"
Joey: "Mmmhmmm.... put your hands TOGETHER..."

- Friends


*munch*

Peanut Butter and Raspberry Preserves on a sesame bagel... mmmm

Why didnt I think of this before?
----------------
Since Im getting back into this schtuff...



Its ALWAYS the server.. :-)
----------------
Sun asks:

So what's your favorite train?

I think she prefers the N (hence the name of her journal)...

Thats a good question.

I detest all of them for various reasons, actually.. but hmm.. my favorite...

Ok, I'll bite. I prefer the "L" train in Manhattan. The best way to get between the various lines along 14th Street.
(The Staten Island rail would be it, but Ive only ridden it twice).

I also like that theyre air-conditioned all year round. And you actually have to wait a bit before they pull out, not affected by the schedules of other trains.

However. Getting TO and FROM those trains will likely give you a heart attack as this train is also one of the consistently deepest undergound subway tunnels in the system.

Not fun.

I have a soft spot for the number 4 train.... as its usually the fastest way to get out of Brooklyn into Manhattan.

And there is a train less than every 10 minutes usually.

However, fuggedaboutit travelling before and after the Brooklyn Bridge station. Be prepared to breathe underarm up close every single day during rush hour and the party hours.......
----------------

No comments: