Wednesday, April 04, 2001


This brings the announced total since the start of the year to around 350,000.
Unannounced layoffs are even higher.
Panic is starting to spread through the cubicle farms.

- The Economist "DotGone"


Yeah, Im feeling the breeze over here too.

Coupla friends got let go as thestreet.com announced the latest anticipated 20% staff cut, consolidating staff on one floor.

On my end, Im hearing a great silence from recruiters, claiming theyre swamped trying to hook up prospective resumes.

When pressed, they admit - holding off on hiring, most clients arent returning their calls .

If I werent feeling so squeezed, Id laugh. :-)
----
On the Front of Good News, I signed up to test some Internet games next week.

Quick cash, should be interesting.

Im just wondering if I shouldnt just display some clay balls and go for the alternative shit, the liberal arts schtuff, instead of going for the tried, true and distasteful.

Or maybe, go for both.

As Jules of LA wrote to me the other day...

...but ultimately you're only free if you believe you are. That's what I believe.


Itsa hard concept to swallow when youve got hard choices to make, but she's right.

I may be making this harder than it already is.

"Free your mind."
------------



No comments: