Wednesday, April 04, 2001

As Ive said before, checking one's mail on a cell phone is turning out to be a way cool deal.

*wide-eyed astonishment* Yes, wireless is INDEED amazing, fred.

Saves time too.

So neat, I decided to enable the AIM feature on it. (Free, freeee, freeeeeeeee!!!.. sorta.)

JPennant: my old AOL SN only comes on my cell now.
Aminisha: you're IMing on your cell?
JPennant: yep
Aminisha: lol - oh you and technology
JPennant: quick way to send messages
Aminisha: is the typing quick?
JPennant: its not for conversations, but a good way to get a quick message.
Aminisha: ahh. very neat.

Well, that induced all sorts of hilarity today, as I decided to use an AOL name I hadnt used since last year.

Didja know, unless you forcibly log out of your IM name on your cell - your name stays up?

Why yes.

I mean STAYS up.

No matter if the device is inactive.

A quirk.

Imagine all my peeps, god bless 'em, rejoicing that I was online again after all this time, deciding to give me a hail-up. And chat. And send funny URL's. From all over the world.

All day long.

And my cell is bouncing and beeping like R2D2 on speed.

All day long.

I dont think Lori quite understood what I meant when I kept repeating "Give me a CALL on this number, dear..."
-------------------
The downside to being able to check your mail anywhere is that...

you check your mail almost anywhere.

On a good day, I may get 10 pieces of mail.

So why am I checking for mail every time I stop for at least 2 minutes???

Using up my minutes this way I am, just a week after downgrading my cell plan because I dont get many incoming calls and thinking my minutes are being wasted.

*sigh*
-----------------

No comments: