Saturday, April 07, 2001

Someone asked me how HappyCat is doing.

He's a cat. Being a cat.

Somedays he's a holy terror, and some days he gets tossed outside to cool his heels.

Some days he goes nuts and destroys the place looking for traces of catnip. (Yes, really.)

In which case he gets tossed outside to cool his heels.

Then he makes up for it.

I will usually wake up to find him sprawled all over my legs. Or waking me up purring.

Or jumping into my arms and laying his head under my chin, paws over my shoulder when Ive got insomnia and up till dawn.

I used to think people overly attached to their pets as kinda nuts.

And cats didnt compare to dogs.

But now I kinda understand. This cat allows me to show unreserved affection that I cannot display otherwise in daily life.

And he gets it by showing me strong affection and loyalty.

Daily.

But this is Rich's cat that he found as a stray.

He's not coming with me when I move this weekend.

And although I will probably visit occasionally, I doubt I will see this cat more than a few times more in his lifetime.

I will miss him.

Speaking of the devil, here he comes again, chirping.....
------------------

No comments: