Sunday, April 01, 2001

Staten Island, NY (10303)
Last updated Sunday, April 1, at 3:21 AM Eastern Standard Time

40 °F
Cloudy
Feels Like 33 °F

Forecast
Today:
Cloudy with rain. High 42. Winds NE 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Cloudy with periods of snow. Low 33. Winds N 10 to 15 mph.
Snow accumulations of less than one inch.
-----------
Still well-dressed and prenaturally happy, the suits on TV have been forecasting wet and wetter.

With the temps stuck firmly in the mid-30's.

Nervous tics evident, burned by the whole Storm-of-The-Century-That-Didnt-Really-Happen forecasting fiasco, theyve been chirping that since spring is officially here, we should be seeing temps in the 50's soon.

Theyve been saying that all month.

Shit, the few times it has been anywhere near 50 this year, the windchill has felt like it was freezing.

Looking in her archives, Cyn recalls exactly one year ago :

i took a mirror shot
right on second ave near 90th or so by
my apartment and only had a thin long sleeved
shirt on.

i also had a pic of the tree blooming outside
of our street.


Sorry dear.. if you were still here, you would be cursing the gods and hating NY right now.

It'd be one thing if it were merely wet right now.

But its wet and COLD.

I wouldnt go wandering about the Union Square Green Market for very long this weekend.. trust me...

Exactly one year ago.. hmm.. Me and Jules were out taking pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge.

The temps were over 50....
----------------
Looking back in my own archives, I see was pondering a job offer in San Francisco a year ago.

With the benefit of hindsight, of course, I wonder if I shouldve taken it.

Looking back, I would have to say no.

Not because of San Francisco or the company (who since then have gone thru mergers and layoffs, but are still in biz) - but because mentally I was not into it.

Although I wouldve been far more flush financially, I think I needed to work through some issues.

If I need to move, I think now Im more amenable to the idea.

But I am where I am supposed to be for now.

Itsa pity one's spiritual development often needs poverty to stimulate it. Durnit. :-)

And, looking back in the archives - I see have been poor for far too long.
-------------
Another thing Ive noticed looking back on the archives, is that my photographs have changed drastically in the last year.

Poo and Rashid were the first to point it out.

Its as if the way I look at things has changed.

I think the trip to SF was a turning point in more ways than one.
--------------------------

No comments: