Monday, April 02, 2001


Watching CBS Sunday Morning yesterday morn. Good god, Ive been watching that program for TWENTY years now. Wow.

There was a piece on the famed designer Milton Glaser that kinda resonated internally.

Which means its stuff I would like to do.

If I could draw, I wouldve loved to be a designer like him.

His stuff is considered to be required study for any budding designer.

(His most famous single work, but one that should NOT define or damn him, is the I (heart) NY design.)

In fact, his sensibility mirrors my own, but with an eloquence and range that I doubt I will ever approach.

I'd rather be like Mike Royko.. but one who can draw. :-)

Yes, I want to be an "artist".

His "coffee mugs" and latest book are worth the price of admission.. :-)

Hmm. I should ask fred, goddess of all things literary, how to put up an amazon list of my book references....
-----------
Another food related thing:

Since Ive come to New York, I notice I use olive oil a lot more in my cooking.

Why would that fact be amazing?

Because I absolutely detest the smell and taste of olives, and cant stand eating them.

But the other day, out of idle curiousity, substituted virgin olive oil for the unsalted butter I normally use for my risotto. (heat the rice in a small amount of melted butter over a high heat until it turns white and then add water slowly to simmer. Uses less water and is firmer and creamier..)

Turned out very smooth.

Just thought Id mention it.

Yes, I CAN cook - I just hate cleaning up afterward, which is why I rarely do cook...
-------------
I need to hie myself to the bay area soon.

Prolly this summer.

For all the usual reasons with the usal suspects, but also for honey stock-up.

This time Im getting a case of that honey.

Wha?

Look, I dont use sugar anymore...
--------

No comments: